1) Browse the Hinckley Institute Website
Browse the Internships section of our website to see what the Hinckley Institute has to offer. Information and web links are provided to educate you about each internship opportunity. Make a ranked list of which internship offices are of the most interest to you.
2) Complete Online Application
Fill out and submit the Online Application. You’ll need to complete/attach the materials listed below
- Current resume (view examples on the University of Utah Career Services webpage by clicking here.
- 2-4 letters of recommendation (use the Newest Letter of Recommendation Form or formal letters of recommendation). One must be an academic reference.
- Statement of Purpose/Cover Letter (cover letter explaining why you would like to be an intern)
- 4-5 page writing sample (4-5 page excerpt of a research paper submitted for a class)
- Official University of Utah Transcript electronic version can be ordered from the Registrar’s Office (250 SSB)
3) Interview with Program Manager
If applying for an international internship, please contact Courtney McBeth immediately to schedule an interview. If applying for Washington, DC, or a Local internship, Lindsay Zizumbo will contact you regarding your application.
Deadlines are subject to change based on internship availability. Please contact the Hinckley Institute for more information.
- Spring 2013 (September 24, 2012)
- Summer 2103 (January 31, 2013)
- Fall 2013 (May 10, 2013)
- Spring 2014 (October 25, 2013)