Governor Simon Bamberger Utah State Policy Scholarship
The Bamberger Utah State Policy Scholarship established at the University of Utah to reward interns serving in state government. The Bamberger Scholarship is funded from the Herbert I. and Elsa B. Michael Foundation. Simon Bamberger, Utah’s fourth governor, was a German-born immigrant who served from 1916-1920. He was a strong advocate for education throughout his public life beginning with service on the Salt Lake City School Board.
The Bamberger Utah State Policy Scholarship will be awarded each semester to University student interns who especially embody Bamberger’s passion for political research and public service. Students of any academic discipline are eligible to apply. Students are eligible to apply only once for the scholarship.
- U.S. Citizen or legal resident
- Minimum Cumulative 3.0 GPA
- Must be completing a state government internship
- Must be registered for Hinckley local internship
- Must be a U.S. citizen, lawfully present in the U.S., or have graduated from a Utah high school.
- Application Form
- Official Transcript (if NOT already submitted for internship application)
Fall scholarship applications are due November 14.
For More Info:
If you have specific questions, contact the Hinckley at (801) 581-8501 for additional information.
Give Back to the Hinckley Institute
The Hinckley Institute of Politics has opened doors to successful careers in the public and private sectors for over 4000 former interns and scholarship winners. Help provide opportunities to current students by giving back to the Hinckley Institute.