The Hinckley Institute offers many funding opportunities to help global internships be financially viable. Students should understand the costs associated with an international internship and budget accordingly. We recommend that students access this Global Internship Calculator to help develop a realistic budget. Students should check the particular countries currency exchange rate to get a realistic view of expenses.
- Student Fee Learning Abroad Scholarship
- Every matriculated University of Utah student is eligible. Selection of scholarship recipients is a random, lottery-based procedure and each student has an equal chance of receiving the scholarship.
- University Scholarship Search
- Gilman International Scholarship
- The Gilman Scholarship Program aims to diversify the kinds of students who study and intern abroad and the countries and regions where they go by offering awards to U.S. undergraduates who might otherwise not participate due to financial constraints.
- John & Anne Hinckley
- A $2,500 scholarship for sophomore and junior students at the University of Utah whose academic and community pursuits promote active citizenship and public service.
- Academic-based scholarship.
- Matheson Leadership
- Two $4,500 scholarships for students who exhibit outstanding leadership potential.
- Academic-based scholarship
- Fast Web
- Fast Web is an online resource for paying and preparing for college. Fastweb members are matched to relevant scholarship opportunities completely free of charge.
- Go Fund Me
- A crowd funding site where social media contacts can fund your cause. The site takes 8% of all donations made.
- Bill Rishel Loan
- Low-interest loan program offered for matriculated University of Utah students through the Hinckley Institute.
- UHEAA’s mission includes comprehensive outreach and information to assist Utah residents in planning for and financing postsecondary education, and special programs to keep student loans affordable and help borrowers avoid delinquencies and defaults.