AFfiliate program OVERVIEW
The Hinckley Institute of Politics has partnered with CRCC Asia to increase the number of internship opportunities and in-country amenities for students. CRCC Asia has spent years connecting China to the global community and has established an impressive business network throughout China. CRCC Asia specializes in helping students interested in Chinese internships find a host office most fit for their individual circumstances.
There is no language requirement; however, CRCC Asia offers Mandarin Chinese classes to all students in its programs.
Amenities provided by CRCC Asia include:
- Guaranteed internship placement
- Processing of visa documentation
- Airport pick-up
- Private bedroom housing arrangments
- A Welcome Package that includes a local SIM card, travel card, personalized business cards, a city guidebook, and a Chinese business culture training manual
- Welcome banquet and orientation
- Access to a specific program coordinator
- 24/7 access to CRCC Asia staff for in-country support
- Weekly group Mandarin lessons
- Cultural excursions and weekly socials
- Discounted CRCC Asia affiliate program fee (~$5,000)
- University of Utah tuition
- Academic Fee: $300
- Travel Expenses
International interns are eligible to apply for the Hinckley Global Scholarship offered through the Hinckley Institute. Information can be found here. The Hinckley Institute also offers a low-interest loan program found here. In addition to funding through the Hinckley Institute, scholarships are available through the Center for Learning Abroad.
Internship dates may vary depending upon location but are based around the academic calendar:
- Fall Semester: September-December
- Spring Semester: January-April
- Summer Semester: May-August
Students are required to register for a minimum of 3 HNKLY credit hours and a maximum of 12. International interns are required to submit 4 reflections and 10 weekly updates throughout the semester, as well as write a final policy paper, which is due 4 weeks after the end of the semester.
Students are required to attend a pre-departure orientation, which provides cultural and safety training and explanation of academic requirements. Students also meet with the program manager upon returning from the internship.
Please submit the Hinckley online application before the deadline and then email Global Internship Manager Jean Oh to set up an interview. During the interview you will receive more information on program specifics.