AMOUNT: monthly €650 stipend + Travel funds
Highly qualified undergraduate students are invited to apply for scholarships funding study, senior thesis research and/or internships in Germany. The goal of this program is to support study abroad in Germany and at German universities. Preference will be given to students whose projects or programs are based at and organized by a German university. Scholarships are available either as part of an organized study abroad program or as part of an individual, student-designed study abroad semester or year.
Currently second or third year students
Seeking DAAD support for 4-10 months in Germany during the German academic year
- Have well-defined study, research, or internship plans for Germany
- Submit DAAD language evaluation form, although German language competency is NOT mandatory
- Demonstrate an interest in contemporary German and European affairs
- Are enrolled, full-time students
- Will return to the US or Canada after the scholarship period to complete their bachelor's degree
- Submit four (4) copies of all application materials
- Mail your application to DAAD office in New York
German language ability is not a requirement for this grant, however students should demonstrate language skills commensurate with their study and research needs. You must have the DAAD language certificate filled out, even if you don't speak any German yet. If you don't fit any of the categories listed, just have the instructor fill out the field for Sonstige Bemerkungen.
- January 31: Scholarship postmark deadline