Funding Opportunities for Global Interns
- Hinckley Global Internship Scholarship
- Scholarships are available to students who secure a Hinckley global internship or set up their own global internship and have it approved by the Hinckley Institute.
- The scholarship amounts vary from $500 to $4,000, depending on country, costs, and financial need. The amount of scholarship awards will vary depending on the number of applicants, program costs, demonstrated financial need, and prior academic record.
- Students who graduate from the University of Utah are eligible to complete a Hinckley internship during the semester following graduation if they register for credit, but they are NOT eligible for scholarship funding. We accordingly recommend students interested in interning at the end of their senior year to defer graduation for one semester so that they can qualify for scholarship funding.
- Student Fee Learning Abroad Scholarship
- Every matriculated University of Utah student is eligible. Selection of scholarship recipients is a random, lottery-based procedure and each student has an equal chance of receiving the scholarship.
- The Gilman Scholarship Program
- Sponsored by the U.S. Department of State Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs, this scholarship provides $5,000 to undergraduates who have been historically underrepresented in study abroad and who demonstrate significant financial need.
- Fast Web is an online resource for paying and preparing for college. Fastweb members are matched to relevant scholarship opportunities completely free of charge.
- FLAS Scholarship
- Bill Rishel Loan
- Low-interest loan program offered for matriculated University of Utah students through the Hinckley Institute.
- $5,000 maximum for global interns
- UHEAA’s mission includes comprehensive outreach and information to assist Utah residents in planning for and financing postsecondary education and special programs to keep student loans affordable and help borrowers avoid delinquencies and defaults.