Strategic interns pack the essentials:
- Host-office-specific attire.
- Tutorials on software you will be using.
- Calendar or planner.
- Necessary items for weekend travel excursions.
Headed to Washington, DC? Check out this quick list for suggested packing and planning purposes:
- Dress and leisure clothing
- Linen (twin size sheets, mattress pads, blanket, pillows)
- Personal hygiene supplies
- Alarm clock
- Toilet paper (for until you can buy some)
- Portable music w/ headphones (for commute)
- Reading material (for commute)
- Cell phone (apartments do not have phones)
Items in apartments:
- Basic kitchen supplies like dishes, flatware, pans
- Irons & ironing boards (you may have to share among the apartments)
- Vacuums (shared between apartments)
Money (DC is expensive, so it’s a good idea to have extra or reserve money)
- Plan on about $5/day for commute to and from work
- For meals (prepare own lunches and meals to save money)
- For personal hygiene supplies
- For touring and entertainment
View international travel resources here.