The Hinckley Journal of Politics strives to publish scholarly papers of exceptional caliber, promoting the intellectual talents and understanding of University of Utah undergraduate students in the fields of politics, government, international relations, and humanitarian aid. Contributing articles should address relevant issues by explaining key problems and potential solutions. Papers should adhere to the highest standards of political research and analysis. The Journal covers local, national, and international issues, and embraces diverse political perspectives. With this publication the Hinckley Institute hopes to encourage reader involvement in the world of politics.
Submissions for the Hinckley Journal of Politics should adhere to the following guidelines:
- Include a cover page listing:
- Title of paper
- Author’s name, full address, phone and email
- Do NOT include the author’s name on any subsequent pages
The body of each submission should:
-Have page numbers, 12 point font, and one‐inch margins
- Use APA parenthetical references throughout and include a bibliography
- Be between 10-30 pages
Papers should strictly follow APA format and adhere to the guidelines in the “APA Style: Common Mistakes in the Hinckley Journal of Politics” document (link below).
Submissions not meeting these guidelines may be returned for additional editing or may be rejected.
***ALL papers accepted for publication will be scanned with anti‐plagiarism software***
Please also note the following:
-Submission of papers with topics relevant to or addressing Utah issues is especially encouraged
- Papers addressing political issues from all undergraduate disciplines are welcome
- Papers are being submitted to an academic journal, and are therefore expected to meet the general standards of academic scholarship. Please ensure that the tone, voice, format, references, and other elements employed in your paper are of an academic quality
Contact editor Rochelle McConkie Parker with any comments or questions regarding the Hinckley Journal.
- Volume 14 (2013)
- Volume 13 (2012)
- Volume 12 (2011)
- Volume 11 (2010)
- Volume 10 (2009)
- Volume 9 (2008)
- Volume 8 (2007)
- Volume 7 (2006)
- Volume 6 (2005)
- Volume 5 (2004)
- Volume 4 (2002/2003)
- Volume 3 (Spring 2001)
- Volume 2 (Spring 2000)
- Volume 1 (Autumn 1998)
To visit the Marriott Library’s Hinckley Journal webpage, click here.