The campaigns listed on our website directly reached out to the Hinckley Institute for interns and volunteers. If your campaign is interested in working with Hinckley Interns, please apply under "Become an Approved 2016 Campaign."
Mike Weinholtz for Governor
Want to build lasting relationships and networks while gaining experience in the world of campaigns and politics? The Mike Weinholtz campaign is actively seeking high energy interns to join our growing and enthusiastic team. Through our internship program, you will gain experience and exposure to the political process. As you intern, you will learn all the aspects of a major, statewide campaign, as well as have the opportunity to focus on your interests and areas of expertise
Areas of Specialization
- Management (candidate and management assistance)
- Communications (speech writing, issue research, social media, graphic design)
- Finance (fundraising, accounting)
- Field Organization (volunteer recruitment, voter targeting, GOTV, events)
- Read and write in English with correct grammar and punctuation
- Be available for flexible hours (we will accommodate your school schedule)
- Committed to excellence and willing to take direction
- Willingness to learn across disciplines
- Able to meet deadlines and work under pressure
- Able to work for the nicest candidate ever.
Benefits of Interning
- Earn College Credit: Interns will meet the academic requirements needed to earn school credit.
- Build Personal Network and Gain Experience: Interns will have opportunities to contribute to significant projects and meet experts in the field of their major
- Mentorship: Interns will be assigned to work in teams under department directors.
- Great Work Space: Campaign office located next to TRAX station. Fun environment with lots of snacks provided.