AFfiliate program OVERVIEW
The Hinckley Institute of Politics has partnered with The Intern Group to increase the number of internship opportunities and in-country amenities for students. The Intern Group has extensive networks across creative and corporate industries that offer a variety of elite hands-on roles. They also offer volunteer experiences, language courses and cultural immersion, providing everything needed for succeeding and living abroad.
The Intern Group has connections throughout London. Partnering with a range of first-class companies and NGOs, their program offers comprehensive personal and professional development. The Intern Group offers internships in London across for students of all majors.
There is no language requirement
Amenities provided by The Intern Group include:
- Guaranteed internship placement
- Private bedroom accommodation
- Public transit costs are covered in zones 1 and 2 for the duration of the internship
- Airport pick-up and drop-off
- 24/7 emergency support
- Regular social and cultural events
- Career coaching
- Welcome orientation upon arrival
- Full visa assistance for obtaining the BUNAC tier 5 visa
- Discounted The Intern Group affiliate program fee (~$5,000)
- Additional discounts are available
- University of Utah tuition
- Academic Fee: $300
- Travel Expenses
International interns are eligible to apply for the Hinckley Global Scholarship offered through the Hinckley Institute. Information can be found here. The Hinckley Institute also offers a low-interest loan program found here. In addition to funding through the Hinckley Institute, scholarships are available through the Center for Learning Abroad.
Internship dates may vary depending upon location but are based around the academic calendar:
- Fall Semester: September-December
- Spring Semester: January-April
- Summer Semester: May-August
Students are required to register for a minimum of 3 HNKLY credit hours and a maximum of 12. International interns are required to submit 4 reflections and 10 weekly updates throughout the semester, as well as write a final policy paper, which is due 4 weeks after the end of the semester.
Students are required to attend a pre-departure orientation, which provides cultural and safety training and explanation of academic requirements. Students also meet with the program manager upon returning from the internship.
Please submit the Hinckley online application before the deadline and then email Global Internship Manager Jean Oh to set up an interview. During the interview you will receive more information on program specifics.