Funding Opportunities for Local Interns
SCHOLARSHIP OPPORTUNITy REquirements
- Undergraduate student at the U
- Student must participate in a local internship and be registered for HNKLY credit
- Must be a U.S. citizen, lawfully present in the U.S., or have graduated from a Utah high school.
- Cumulative 3.0 GPA
IMPORTANT: Interns who have already graduated from the University of Utah are NOT eligible for scholarship funding. We accordingly recommend students interested in interning at the end of their senior year to defer graduation for one semester so that they can qualify for scholarship funding. Scholarship amounts range from $500-$1,000 depending on the application and need assessment.
DEADLINES: Must apply two weeks before the internship start date. The Hinckley Program Coordinator will send more information about deadlines to those participating in the program. Scholarship funds will be released two weeks after the start of the semester.
See below for information about our generous donors.
- Dan Jones Future Leaders Scholarship
- Pete Suazo Local Internship Scholarship
- Todd Taylor Local Internship Scholarship
- Governor Simon Bamberger Scholarship
- Margaret Rampton Munk Scholarship
- Bill Rishel Loan
- Low-interest loan program offered for matriculated University of Utah students through the Hinckley Institute.
- UHEAA’s mission includes comprehensive outreach and information to assist Utah residents in planning for and financing postsecondary education and special programs to keep student loans affordable and help borrowers avoid delinquencies and defaults.