Millions of Americans live with substance use conditions. These individuals--many of whom are our friends, family, and neighbors--should not be treated as criminals but as humans who need support finding a meaningful life in recovery. Advocates across the country are working to confront this issue on several fronts. At this Hinckley forum, you will hear from some of the treatment professionals, policymakers, and other innovators who are addressing substance use disorder in Utah.
Panelists Pt I:
- Karl Lieb - Salt Lake City Fire Chief
- Senator Jen Plumb
- Representative Ray Ward
Panelists Pt II:
- Ian Acker - Founder & Executive Director, Fit To Recover
- Mary Jo McMillen - Executive Director Utah Support Advocates for Recovery Awareness (USARA)
- Shawn McMillen - Executive Director, First Step House
- Tiffany James - Founder and Vice President, Power Forward Utah
COSPONSORED by Power Forward Utah
The Hinckley Institute neither supports nor opposes the views expressed in this forum.